Gnarled, dilated blood vessels that occur most frequently in the legs. They are generally caused by pressure in the veins that, over time, weakens the vessel walls. For most people, varicose veins are merely unsightly nuisances, but they can also make walking and standing extremely painful, and in extreme cases, they can cause ulcers. While there is no sure way to prevent the formation of varicose veins, there are a number of things you can do to decrease your chances of getting them. At Cura, we help you understand the nature of disease and teach you specific exercises to tackle the varicosities. Not only that but, we give solutions for foot care, footwear modifications & life style modifications.
Here are a few tips to prevent varicosities
1) Exercise regularly It improves circulation in the legs, and proper circulation helps ward off the development and worsening of varicose veins.
2) Avoid prolonged standing Standing in one place for a long time increases venous pressure in the legs and feet. So try to walk around at least every 30 minutes.
3) Sit up straight and don't cross your legs Good posture improves circulation, while crossed legs restrict blood flow to and from the legs.
4) Maintain a healthy weight Excess weight will put undue pressure on your legs and circulatory system. Be aware that some people are more prone to developing varicose veins than others, regardless of weight. In this case, it is still important to stay fit and healthy.
5) Quit smoking Keep in mind that the high blood pressure associated with smoking also helps cause varicose veins.
6) Put your feet up for a while Especially if you have to stand up for long periods, take time to relax your legs and improve circulation by elevating your legs and feet for several minutes throughout the day.
7)Redesign your wardrobe Improve circulation to your lower body by avoiding tight-fitting clothes on your legs and around your waist. Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes instead of high heels. Wear compression stockings for
- Exercise Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Electro Therapy
- Matrix Rhythm Therapy
- Ergonomic Counselling
- Postural Correction
- Kinesiology Taping
- Dry Needling
- Online Consultation
- Home Physiotherapy Services
- Old Age Care
- Pre And Post Natal Care
- Vascular Care